Posted on

Caisteal Camus changes hands for the last time

Built on the site of an Iron Age fort, Caisteal Camus, also known as Knock or Cnoc Castle, changed hands in battle many times over the centuries, the last documented owner being Clan MacDonald in 1632.

Watercolour reconstruction of Caisteal Camus by David L Roberts © Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre, High Life Highland.